Nov 10, 2011

Year 1

It has been more than a year now. Finally 2011 Diwali saw both HD & RE parked home. 

Possession time (so as to speak) for the first year, would work to 4 months. That is to say that for larger part of the first year, she had to stay in HD India's dealer workshops. First Chandigarh, then Delhi. Two crashes and outrageously poor service of HD India, would be held accountable.

A year of learning...yes it has been. A year of change.....yes it has been. A year of growth.....yes it has been.

A year of learning
Its not about the brand; its about the ground realities, and they are what they are. They are not going to change even if it comes to the iconic American motorcycle company. Check the facts before dishing out greenbacks.

A year of change
FATBOY has been something that I wanted to have, and God has been kind. When in my possession I thought it was mine, but come to see to it, others had contribution too. My customers, my co-workers, my family...so myself solely claiming ownership of it, is somewhat out of line. Even if I do at some point of time, then it is something of the world. It is there to be cherished, enjoyed and learn the lessons it throws in the package. Cut short: No point being possessive.

A year of growth
Harley Davidson is NO god; DON'T GET CARRIED AWAY. From the point I started to the point I am, I can say IT IS SURMOUNTABLE. Some learn it the easy way and some the hard; I'm in the latter. Boiling eight months it took, but I have reached. At the end of the day its about being practical and widening your perspective.

As now, peace prevails and I ride my FATBOY with respect. And as John McEnaney said the other day "I want to see you enjoying this bike to the fullest"...Amen to that.

For THE CURIOUS, links to the events of 8 months of absent ownership are posted under.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4

No comments: