Apr 16, 2012

Khaa-m-Kha ride


Saturday I realized that the PS3 I bought couple of months back can also be connected to Internet and games played online. All this while I was too busy honing my skills in its single player survival matches, that I didn't even feel the need to upgrade. In the evening I went about the business of setting up network and had my first share of online gaming. Those guys are just too fast.....I mean they didn't even let me stand....BHAM....dead meat!

A serious task was at hand and Sunday was to be devoted to PS3.

I could not join Five Rivers MC guys for their ride to Dalhousie (they went on Saturday), as Malvinder alone from Chandigarh joined those guys. They were riding and I was not. Freakishly, the weather this April is pleasant - pleasant to the extent that you don't even need fans during the night. Bad for the farmers, bad for my business but good for my bike. The weather any which ways is going to sear up in coming days, so why not make the most of it!

V-twins got the better of me as I decided to hook up with Five Rivers MC guys at McDonalds Dasuya and ride back with Malvinder. It was nothing new - we go there for our grub rides at times. RV was fixed at 12 noon.

L-R: Road, Truck, Fatboy, Gurinder, others
Its been a while since I rode alone - so there were times when I unleashed the devil and times I sobered up. I reached RV point 11.30. Checked Google Latitude and found those guys still 50 miles away. Not responding to calls, not responding to messages - something was up! Waited an hour and started rolling towards Pathankot, and in between get the message that Gurinder's Harley Davidson FATBOY had a brake failure (AGAIN) and wasn't motor-able anymore. The last time, tech's at Harley probably didn't think it was wise to tighten the brake caliper nuts with torque wrench - and the wretched thing just moved from its place. E&A (Explanations & Apologies) later, the bike was supposedly okay ed and dude brought it to Dalhousie only to risk his life (AGAIN). And you thought you bought reliability by spending 1.9 million rupees - THINK AGAIN!

Those guys loaded the de-functional FATBOY on truck and made their way back as I hooked up with them 46 kilometers ahead of Pathankot at Dunera - I was short of just 40 km's from Dalhousie itself. Couldn't I have made it the day earlier ? No Sir.

The order of butter chicken (boneless) turned to Kadai chicken (with bone) as menu card went around the table and we had our share of food discussing the taste differences of boneless, and with bone chicken types. Not to mention, Sunil's information on ingredients of Diet Coke!

1630 hours - 11 km's short of Pathankot - target Chandigarh - time for some serious riding. God with us - 2100 hours we see lights of Chandigarh - successfully completing 600 km's of Khaa-m-Kha ride.

Do things go as planned ? You have the answer.

Time to hit PS3!!

No comments: