Jun 8, 2015

AJMER overnighter

for I felt like spending a night in Ajmer

The seeds of this ride were sown a while back, on the prospect of checking out the newly built highway from Panipat to Bawal. I took instructions from people who have been on that highway, and as it so happened, I wasn't quite listening to what was being said, as was being said. 

RESULT - Tour de Haryana.

machine cool off time
Thanks to my habit of early start, I could manage some screw ups in terms of, missing a road-sign for example ! With the opinion that I just get onto the highway and it will take me straight to Bawal, I just didn't care about those signs. Riding in glory, the enthusiasm was short lived as there was road no more at some point near Rohtak. Yea - serves me right. What to do; take the next available road. The road now lead me to Bhiwani; from Bhiwani I am directed to Charkhi Dadri, from there I am pushed to Mahendragarh, nudged further to Narnaul and finally rolling into Rajasthan and onto NH8. Costing me 2.5 hours, 50 added kilometres and some pretty good suspension check thanks to the speed breakers. At this point - I must add - hinterland Haryana really wants you to be in speed limit. City, town, shack, wherever - the speed breakers are right there. And best part is, they are never marked. So just keep guessing, as to when your nuts are taking a hit again!

NH8 and thereafter was uneventful, as much of the route had been done before. Heat was on mark, and had to keep myself well hydrated lest my cramped body has to be taken off the bike. Ajmeri evening was regular and was back on road early next morning. Made sure that I took the right road (that I was supposed to take) and the ride was bliss. Even in 42 degrees, I can say it was a bliss. Made back well in time.

In between, the odometer clocked our first 30000 kilometres as I kept the throttle in check, repeating to myself - ARAAM NAL CHAL IK SAU DASS TE, JAADA NAHI BHJAANA

I'd say it worked for me, as I could check I haven't turned into a wuss sitting under that devilishly silent Daikin Inverter aircon.  

Ajmer overnighter indeed was fun !


No comments: