Sep 10, 2023

Road Chat

 Excerpts from a routing roadside stop for a swig of water and wee bit of stretch

In Haryanvi in which I have a real short hand, as much as I could understand:

"Kitne ki ye ?".....before I could think "teen chaar laakh ki honi"

Just nodded

"Inne mein to i20 le lete"...didnt stop still...."kitne ke ye" asks again

I said "saade aath lakh"

"Arre tine mein i20 le lete...AC mein jaate....itne mein aati hogi i20 ?"

I didn't say and off he went smiling.

Apparently the man was stumped with i20 and so was I by the fact that KMP is no longer allowing 2 wheelers to ply on its stretch. What a bummer ! It was all hunky dory till about this March and now this !! I was told, for Agra I would have to take the route through Delhi. Given the G20 this weekend and the Capital practically under security blanket, I didn't wish to be pushed around. I was out for a weekend overnighter to Agra for relaxation not stress. U-turn it was.

What a bummer !

No comments: