Oct 3, 2023

Hunch

 I had a hunch

Everyone was saying that its a long weekend on 2nd October and this and that and they were doing this and that - somehow it didn't register or maybe it did. No plans nothing - until the time I said FUCK IT to the current life scenario and on a whim made booking on morning of 1st. Ajmer to me seemed a decent distance away and RAMADA our tried and tested option - it didn't take much time. Off we went.

Route was take right from Ambala and left from Ismailabad onto NH152D till Kotputli and then Jaipur and onwards. But I had a hunch. Yet again, the first toll and they told me to bum off as bikes were no longer allowed - why ? - some reason they gave. Lump it and u-turn to wherever the hell you were coming from. Now I choose not to use expletives since I had a hunch; and because of that I had a route B in mind from the beginning. In no time we were back in spirits and off to Hisar and onwards - that 26kms of extra didn't even make a nip. Doing this was way better than the last time which had left me feeling horrid as never in my life it had happened that I had to return from middle - it has always been onwards and upwards. I guess I needed some humbling.

Bull and Bovine

Made it in time as I prefer and it was me, room and the hipflask. We all gave each other solid company for a few hours before shut eye. Ramada treated us well as always, bike was secure and I was settled. Before daybreak, we were making our return and returned we did well in time.

All in all it was a good ride on this Gandhi Jayanti. I don't know about all the freedom marketing of Harley - but I can say that all this while on road, on my terms and conditions and the alone time - did me good at the end of it. However, a new matter of concern now is the latest trend of not allowing bikes on new highways - which makes one wonder how do you plan for a long ride to new places ? 

A riddle that time shall solve - I have a hunch.

No comments: