Aug 3, 2014

MAD RIDE

Wrote this somewhere in June...somehow could never come around posting it. Stifling through email I came across, so here it is.


Certain thoughts take precedence over everything with time. However, over thinking of the same is a kill but at times one is helpless. Similar has been my story for the past several days. To add, weather has been the least supporting- so as to say - with work pressure mounting.

Previous evening saw the city lashed with sizeable thunderstorms, continuing with intermittent showers throughout the night. A most welcome change, anyone would say. Fed up of chains, switched the mobile off, did some DAFTAR DAFTAR and took on the saddle.

It was even more agonizing than I thought. Riding solo diverted my mind a bit, but not as much I would have expected it to. It was as if there was no reprieve. Till the time I almost did myself into a truck near Ambala - then I tried to regain senses. Curse, shout and tell myself that the machine don't care if you are upset - its not as if its going to deploy ABS or speed caps on its own. It wont. Gather yourself !

Till Karnal it was back and forth, but thereafter, a nice smooth rhythm the way it always is. The throttle response, the vibrations through body, the sound, the air; settled something somewhere. Mind was still unstoppable, but the restlessness had settled. Went through the route as a bull with blinkers, road, road, road and road - and thoughts of course. It was a relieving getaway, not as much as I would have wanted it to be; then again there are no replicas.

One tank UP and one tank DOWN - Delhi was done. 

Back to pothole.

No comments: