Nov 11, 2019

Street Glide Special

I do realise the void in frequency of posts on the blog - my defence - there are phases in life; they come and they go. My accidental learning - you don't let go of what you love to do.

The adage "Out of Sight, Out of Mind" is applicable here. For reasons beyond the ambit of disclosure here, the new motorcycle had to to be kept at my buddy's place ever since the purchase. Things developed and finally I got to get the bike to its parking place in office (just like the previous ones), right before Diwali. My whole outlook has changed in the last fortnight of its presence. To put the whole thing in correct perspective in short words - I now feel like I really own the bike. Up until now, I would go to Mal's place once in a month or two months; pick the bike; do a short 200k weekend ride; drop the bike and get back to life. There was no registration of the fact, that I actually owned the machine plus with other things more prevalent at the time, it only added to the blur.

Now that I see the Glide Special everyday, I am excited; and man am I happy to be excited ! Its great to feel this way again. This modification, that part, those accessories - its all coming back now. 

Incidentally, NHR 2019 being held in Amritsar, was just after Diwali and Mal & I decided to attend with our respective pillions. The first HOG event that I attended, after holding Harley Davidson India in grudge for that many years; it was good that I let go. It also happened to be our first long tandem ride together and KUDOS to Sonia, she really seemed to take it well. We had good share of our fun over the 3 days of weekend, with moments that are now parked in sweet spots of memory lane.

at NHR Amritsar

The bike has a few additions now - most noteworthy of which is the KST Customs Mayhem 12 inch bagger bar. Got it fitted this last Friday and yesterday (Sunday) we did our first respectable ride on the Street Glide Special since the bike's ownership. I got the handle bar changed for handling reasons - and the change has proved itself in all bits in the very first ride. The bike is now much more agile and easy to manoeuver. For the loss of better words - I can only say that I am still comprehending what exact machine, I have now come to own !

shot from yesterday's ride
That said, riding days are here and hopefully here to stay.

No comments: