May 29, 2020

COVID

Imperative to mention of the latest nonsense affecting people's lives - thats right its called COVID19. The so called virus that literally shut the world down and six weeks of proper stay at home at my location. When I actually was able to get back to my bike in Chandigarh, all I could think was to crank the engine, get the stagnant oil running until I could ride a bit.

Needless to say, this so called IMPOSED BREAK/PAUSE would have given many people (including me) a chance to re-look at things which otherwise one could not in the rut of things. I too had my share of re-looking and I can say time will dictate the course of things, but for today, after two months straight - took the bike out. It has a been pleasant break for me in the last weeks; being in the middle of summer season and not having a client calling you, not having to deal with labor pangs - PEACEFUL ! And peaceful it was today, riding on a working day, in middle of the week with such an inviting  change in weather, listening to Krishna Das - surreal...

today

Sarai Bharatgarh - was still unoperational, but no harm trying. Invariably we managed to find a secluded dhaba, so secluded that there wasnt even an attendant present. Helped ourselves with 2 glasses, 2 cokes, 1 water and emptied the hipflask. Nice two shots along the roadside, overcast conditions, supplemented with a mild shower now and then - it just primed the ride in last stretch.

Taking cue from the latest experience - it had been a pleasant start today after the lockdown. That is all for now - one day at a time !

Adios

No comments: