Jan 5, 2014

Resurrection

Not many days back I met Sir. He happens to be among the very few, whom I consider as wise and have my respect. Of the conversation I had with him over 3 hours, it got me thinking.

while going...
The next morning I was pushing myself to break the routine and make do a ride. Not in it completely, I made a reservation anyhow. Weather wasn't looking good, overcast and slight rain droppings here and there. I don't wanna do it, am cosy in my routine - NO am doing it, no matter what. Noon we made our move and it was a smooth easy ride. However, work calls enroute/Delhi traffic had us delayed and so could reach room only by 6ish. To recall activities thereafter - its hazy at best. 

morning conditions
Hindustan Times Delhi had it displayed loud and clear on front page - today morning shall have dense fog cover and it will start clearing only by 11ish. Knowing credentials of Indian Met Deptt, I brushed the clipping aside and continued. Down the lobby and I could see that Hindustan Times wasn't exaggerating - not even a wee bit! We go as planned.

Delhi city was ok foggy, but the moment we crossed Delhi bye-pass's landmark Dump Mountain, it got real nasty. Visibility dropped to 20 feet. There was condensation outside the visor, inside the visor. There was condensation outside the shades, inside the shades. Had no option but  to take them shades off and ride with an open visor. Delhi FOG... here I am...... show me what you got! The enthusiasm didn't last long - soon jacket and jeans got wet too. Punjabi curses helped divert my mind, as body consumed previous evening's meal countering the wind chill. This AAM ADMI, however, went on and braked at Karnal for a deserving coffee break.

Fun ended at Karnal, as post the weather was bearably clear. But, loins were now warmed up and we so ripped the roads doing good time back to Chandigarh.

Riding a Harley in blind FOG conditions - DONE

So..... have I been resurrected ?? - Well the details are real foggy at the moment !


CREDITS:

Soen Audio TRANSIT
Music Partner - Soen Audio TRANSIT. Compact, smart, sophisticated blue-tooth speaker; it sat well in my backpack. Made my environment mobile. Am no expert in sound quality but I can tell you this; having experienced BOSE products, this tiny speaker stands robust in competition.

Navigation Partner -  Gori from Google maps. Man was she bang on or what - keep left on fork, keep right on fork, get on ramp, 600 meters take left, take right, you have arrived. I simply love her.

Interface Partner - Scala Rider G4. Be it taking calls on press of a button, hearing music, taking directions from Google gori - the G4 has proven as a worthy investment, once again.

Linguistic Partner - Punjabi, with most used phrase being BAJGI  BC..

No comments: